Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 5 - Feedback

When I started to write this little daily blog - a whole five days ago - I thought I would have instant feedback. So I wrote Day one and waited. Nothing happened. In retrospect, that was a key aspect to this daily blogging. Not doing it for others - but I must admit that when I started doing this daily thing, I was looking for it. After two days, I quit looking and decided to write whatever came to mind.
Now on day five I find there is some feedback. And I must admit that I enjoyed reading it. So that brings me to another awareness - I write to brighten MY day but if I can brighten someone else's then that is icing on the cake (chocolate Icing). I desire to write stories that help people and also to help them cope with this experience we call life. (at the very least by making someone laugh or the very, very least making someone feel that there is someone else out there who is striving to find one's voice.)
I thank you, for your feedback but I warn you that I am not doing this to curry your favor. I am doing this to prove to myself that I can do this writing on my own. And feel good about it - This is the real key for me. TO FEEL GOOD
So Far So Good,
Frank

2 comments:

Lin said...

Comments do make you feel good, even if they are rotten comments--at least you know someone is out there. I always check my blog list, read the new stuff, AND comment. I know what it is like not to get them. Do they like it? Do they hate it? Do they get it? Etc.

I will comment now that I am back from vacation. I'm still too fuzzy from the week long pool party to write yet, but I love to see what ya'll (I went to Kentucky, you know) have been doing.

Soulsearcher said...

Good for you! I hope you do continue to write for yourself and to feel good about it!

P.S. Chocolate icing is my favorite. Just thought you'd like to know.

About Me

I am a crabby old man who hates everything
or
I am a tiny wonderer in a large world
or
I am a young hippie tree-hugger
or
I am a mid-life crisis disaster area.
or
I am an attitude of stillness waiting for a wind.
or
I have not decided yet.
Powered By Blogger